Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Jackie =]

Ok, so here we go. =]

Quick note before i get the actual post down...I don't know how many of you know about Little Jackie. If you don't know about her, i'll fill you in right quick. Jackie is the 4 year old girl that Cari (the woman we worked with while we were there) got custody of. She has AIDS and while we were there she was so tiny. Cari would buy her the smallest size of clothes and it would be huge on her. But since she started her medicine she's grown 5 inches and has gained a lot of weight.
About 3 weeks ago, i learned that Jackie might have Cancer. Honestly, i cried about it. for like the whole day. But it wasn't for sure yet, they were waiting to hear back the results of a few tests.
Well, yesterday Cari emailed me and told me that Jackie does have cancer. but they caught it really early and it hasn't spread to any vital organs. It's in her foot. and she started Chemo 2 days ago. It just makes me so very sad, because this precious little girl has already gone through so much... It just breaks my heart.This is me and Jackie the day before we left.
She really became like a little sister to all of us.
I love her so much, i'm so thankful that Cari has her now, because otherwise she wouldn't be on any medication, for AIDS or for Cancer.
So please pray for her. =]

I'll hopefully post a bigger update later today. This was just pretty urgent. =]
thanks for all of your prayers.

~Katelyn~

No comments:

Post a Comment